almond and coconut, almond macaroons, baking, biscuit, budget, chewy, chocolate, coconut, coconut macaroons, confectioners sugar, cooking, diet, drizzle, easy, egg white, healthy, icing sugar, kids baking, tasty, treat
2 egg whites
115g icing sugar
115g or ground almonds
¼ teaspoon vanilla paste (I used Taylor & Colledge)
115g dessicated coconut
½ tsp plain flour
25g plain chocolate
Yields approximately 12 macaroons.
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C (Gas 2). Grease two baking trays.
2. Whisk the egg whites until stiff but moist. Sift in the icing sugar and gently fold into the egg whites. Gently fold in the almonds (if using), vanilla paste and dessicated coconut until the mixture is combined, forming a sticky dough.
3. Spoon walnut-sized pieces of the mixture onto the baking trays.
4. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the macaroons are crisp and golden on the outside.
5. Transfer to a cooling rack.
6. When cool drizzle with melted chocolate.