bake, biscuits, childrens baking, christmas, christmas tree decorations, cutters, decorate, decoration, easy, fun, gingerbread, gingerbread men, gingerbread people, ground ginger, halloween, kids baking, men, new year, rainy day, recipe, shapes
175g caster sugar
4tbsp golden syrup
350g wholemeal flour
1tsp (level) bicarbonate of soda
2tsp ground ginger
Yields approximately 24 men.
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Line 3 baking trays with non-stick baking parchment.
2. Measure the flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips so the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add golden syrup and egg, mix until it forms a dough, then knead lightly at the end.
4. Divide the dough into two and roll out one half on lightly floured surface. When it is approximately half a centimetre (5mm) thick use your cutter to form the shape, then place on baking sheet.
5. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes, when ready take out and place men on cooling rack.
(Photo: Polka-Dot Zebra @ Flickr)
(Photo: dididumm @ Flickr)