berries, blackberries, blackcurrants, cake, coriander, coriander seeds, crumble cake, easy recipe, english, fresh fruit, fruit, homebaking, loaf cake, raspberries, recipe, redcurrants, strawberries, summer berries, summer fruits, tasty, treat
Ingredients – Serves 10
250g wholemeal flour
2 tsp ground coriander
½ tsp baking powder
150g caster sugar
2 eggs, beaten
200g fresh or frozen berries
40g caster sugar
1 tsp whole coriander seeds
Use a 2lb loaf tin. Serves 8.
1. Heat the oven to 150C/fan 130C/gas 4. Sift the flour, ground coriander and baking powder together and stir in the sugar. Beat in the eggs.
2. Cut up the nectarine into small pieces and mix with the berries (defrost beforehand if using frozen).
3. Fold in the fruit mixture. Spoon the mixture into the tin.
4. For the crumble topping, mix together the flour, sugar, butter and crushed coriander seeds. Spread evenly over the cake mixture.
5. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.