caster sugar, cheesecake, coulis, dessert, digestive biscuits, easy, french, fruit, fruit coulis, light cream cheese, madagascan vanilla, madagascar, new york cheesecake, recipe, summer berries, summer fruits, vanilla, vanilla bean paste, vanilla beans, vanilla cheesecake, vanilla paste, vanilla pods, vanilla seeds
Ingredients – Serves 8
150g digestive biscuits (or alternative eg ginger, oat)
50g butter, melted
600g light cream cheese
2 tbsp plain flour
150g caster sugar
200ml fresh soured cream
2tsp vanilla bean paste
200g fresh or frozen fruits (your choice)
Use 20cm round loose bottomed tin.
1. Heat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Crush 150g biscuits to crumbs. Mix with 50g melted butter. Press into a 20cm springform tin and bake for 10-15 minutes, then cool.
2. Beat 600g cream cheese with 2 tbsp flour, 100g caster sugar, 2 eggs with 200ml pot of fresh soured cream. Stir in vanilla paste and pour into the tin.
3. Bake for 40 minutes at 180C/gas 4 and then check, it should be set but slightly wobbly in the centre. Cool in tin.
4. For the coulis, put your chosen fruit(s) in a pan with 70ml water and remaining 50g caster sugar. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. When ready puree mixture through either a sieve or blender.
5. Remove cooled cheesecake from tin, slice and drizzle fruit coulis over the top.