100g caster sugar
150g wholemeal flour
100g plain chocolate, chopped into chunks
1 egg, beaten
Yields approximately 15 cookies.
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking parchment.
2. Put butter and sugars into a mixing bowl and beat until evenly blended. Slowly add beaten egg to butter and sugar mix beating well between each addition.
4. Mix in the flour then stir in the chocolate pieces.
5. Spoon large teaspoons of mixture onto the prepared baking trays leaving room for the cookies to spread.
6. Bake in pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Watch carefully as these can go from golden to brown very quickly.
7. Leave cookies to cool on the baking tray for a few minutes (but not too long or they stick) then carefully lift onto a cooling rack with a palette knife.
Note: This mixture left raw can be mixed into semi-soft vanilla ice cream to make cookie dough ice cream.
(Photo: songchilde @ Flickr)